Dr. Phillips High School, a school of excellence, is located on 80 acres in southwest Orlando, Florida. DPHS is surrounded by excitement which brings thousands of visitors from around the world right to our doorstep. Walt Disney World is located 15 miles to the west, Seaworld is only 5 miles to the south, and Universal Studios Florida is directly across the street!
As the largest of the Orange County School system's 135 schools, Dr. Phillips High School serves a dynamic and diverse community. More than fifty native languages are spoken in the school. Dr. Phillips offers its students a variety of instructional programs to meet their needs and interests including:
* Alternative Education
* Career Academies
* ESOL/LEP Programs
* Dual enrollment: courses in conjunction with nearby Valencia Community College.
* CIS: In the quest for excellence, DPHS offers the Center for International Studies Magnet Program (CIS), which was developed to provide an awareness of global issues, an understanding of other cultures, and the attainment of multilingual abilities necessary for international business and diplomacy.
* VPA: The Visual and Performing Arts Magnet Program (VPA), provides students with advanced course work needed to for success in the creative arts such as drama, art, music, and entertainment technology, while emphasizing the academic coursework needed for college entry.
* Community involvement in DPHS is an important factor in the school's success. The support of parents, local businesses, and community members has been recognized annually with the Golden Apple Award for volunteer hours and Five Star School awards.
Name: Dr. Phillips High School
Location: Orlando, Florida
Colors: Navy Blue & Columbia Blue
Mailing Address: 6500 Turkey Lake Road, Orlando, Florida 32819
Phone Number: (407) 355-3200
Principal: Eugene Trochinski
Athletic Director: Russell Wambles
Head Basketball Coach: Anthony Long
Alma Mater: Florida State University (1992)
Coach Long's email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Career Record: 402-138 (.744) - 18 years
Record at Dr. Phillips: 254-69 (.786) - 11 years
Assistant Coaches: Jason Lee (Florida), Daniel Batchelor (Emory), Rodney Wells (Syracuse), Zach Anspach (Florida State), Sean Richey
Athletic Trainer: Danielle Perrotti
School Phone: (407) 355-3200
School FAX: (407) 370-7232
Anthony Long Office Phone: (407) 355-3200
Gym: Larry Payne Gymnasium (2,300)
Overall Record: 550-221 (.713)
District Championships: 10 (1994, 97, 98, 99, 02, 07, 09, 10, 11, 12)
Metro Championships: 12 (1992, 93, 94, 95, 97, 98, 00, 04, 10, 11, 12, 13)
Regional Championships: 6 (1996, 97, 98, 07, 10, 11)
State Runners-Up: 3 (2007, 2010, 2011)
State Championships: 0
1st Team All State Selections: 5 (Damien Wilkins, Jason Rich - 2 times, Chris Warren, Shane Larkin - 2 times, RaShawn Powell)
2012-13 Record: 20-9
Letterman Returning/ Lost: 5/6
Starters Returning/Lost: 1/4
Panther Fun Facts:
* The Panthers have made the Final Four six times in the last 15 years!
* The Panthers have won 20 or more games for 20 consecutive seasons!
* Shane Larkin (University of Miami) holds the Panther record for steals in a season with 113.
* Shane Larkin was named the ACC Player of the Year as voted on by the coaches in 2013. He led Miami to their first regular season ACC championship as well as their first ACC tournament championship. He was named 1st Team All-ACC and ACC defensive player of the year runner-up.
* Coach Long has taken his team to the state championship game 5 times in the last 14
years! (Winning two and losing three.)
* The Panthers have had 5
players named 1st Team All State - Damien Wilkins, Jason Rich (two times), Chris Warren, Shane Larkin (two times), and RaShawn Powell.
* Coach Long has had 7
players named 1st Team All State.
* Senior RaShawn Powell participated in the prestigious Deron Williams Skills Academy last summer. It is for the top 20 high school point guards in the nation.
* More Panthers have earned full basketball scholarships over the last eleven
years than any other school in the Metro Conference.
* The Panthers traveled to Honolulu, Hawaii in 2010 to play in the prestigious Iolani Classic. It's the Panthers second trip to the Iolani and Hawaii. Coach Long took the Panthers there in 2003 as well.
* The Panthers have finished in the top 10 in the final class 6A state poll in all eleven
seasons that Coach Long has guided the Panthers.
* The Panthers have won the Metro Championship 12
different times, more than any other school since DP entered the Metro in 1987.
* The Panthers have won 10 district championships including the last four, and five of the last six!
* Panther alumn Calvin McCall played on three DP final four teams in 1996, 97, and 98. McCall also played on Maryland's national championship basketball team in 2003.
* Both the DP boys and girls basketball teams made it to the Class 6A Final Four in 2010 and 2011.
* The DP Cheerleading team has won four straight state championships!
* Former Panther starting center Victor Gray currently is a starting defensive lineman for the UCF Knights football team.
* The Panthers have played in three of the last seven
class 6A state championship games! (2007, 2010, 2011).
* Former Panther standout Chris Warren was the SEC's second leading scorer his senior season for Ole Miss. He was named 1st Team All-SEC.
* Former Panther standout Damien Wilkins is DP's only McDonald's All-American. Jason Rich was named a Parade All-American.
* The Panthers won the 2011 Class 6A FHSAA 'Overall Sports Program of the Year'!
* Chris Warren graduated from DP as the holder of an incredible 20 basketball records in the Panther record book!
* The Panthers are one of just a handful of high school basketball programs in Florida that are sponsored by Nike.
* The Panthers have won 12 Metro Conference Championships including two different times when they have won four in a row.
Home of the Panthers - 'The House of Payne'
Dr. Phillips Alma Mater
Panthers now in unity,
We're the loyal Blue.
Pride and learning, friends we share -
Memories we'll hold true.
Alma Mater, all our dreams
Now are free to fly.
Panthers always we will be,
Dr. Phillips High.
The Blue Zoo DP student section is the best in the state!
The DPHS Cheerleaders in Lakeland at the state championship game.
2009-10, 2010-11, 2011-12 Dr. Phillips Cheerleading Team - State Champs!